Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 28, 2010

After researching the contents, speaking with the science advisory board, and taking a huge leap of faith, Josh started on Nutriiveda today. SAB says there is no MSG created by the process of isolating the whey protein and that was my major concern.

So, I'm starting him slowly - dose for his age/size should be, according to what I've read, 4 scoops per day. I'm starting him on one until I'm sure there will be no reaction. Of course, about an hour and a half into our ride to Rochelle today, he started doing the coughing thing that he does when he gets MSG and I started thinking, well, that's that. But, we were also passing a huge grain "elevator" plant so perhaps it was just regular allergies hitting him. He did not have the same reaction tonight when he had the second half of the dose. So, we'll see.

I am so hopeful that NV will have some effect on him. He has so much energy first thing in the a.m. until about 10:30, and then he just starts fading to the point that, when it is bedtime, he's spread out on the couch and won't move. I'm hoping those B vitamins in NV will help with energy. I know, I know - when he first went on fish oils, I kept saying I hoped they would have an effect on his speech and, gosh, don't you know you have to be careful what you hope for! LOL! He hasn't stopped talking since three weeks after starting fish oils and that was, what, 8 years ago.

Anyhow, I know the possibility that the minimal dosage I'm doing with him to start is not going to have much of an effect but we'll see what happens after this few day trial period.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment