Thursday, September 23, 2010

Days 114, 115, and 116

Well, except for a few hitting incidents at SEDOM on Tuesday, Day 114, Josh had a pretty good day. And, except for that little incident, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show? Hhhmm... I guess there were a couple of hits while helping Josh change clothes before/after swimming (and he had a great time in the pool and did well there! whoo hoo!!), and, for some reason, he got his art teacher right in the face. Don't know what that was about and Josh wouldn't talk about it. I think the daily sheet said there was a meltdown or two around the bus and lunch times so, really, not so great a day.

But, it could be because he was starting to feel sick. On Wednesday, Day 115, I got a call around 1:00 or so that he had thrown up and was running a fever. Seems there was another kid in his class who was sent home with the same symptoms earlier that day, and, when I got to school at 2:00, there were two other moms from other classrooms picking up their kids. The secretary said to one mom that she tried to get her kid to keep some crackers down but he didn't. Hhhmm.. So, I brought Josh home and he just was fine! I had called Gramma and Boompah on the way to pick Josh up - I had planned on stopping after work to pick up some last minute things but wasn't going to be able to. I knew they were out and about so asked them if they could pick up the couple things and just drop them off. Little did I know that Mom had gotten a shot for her eye and was wearing a big 'ol eye patch! Yeesh! So they stayed only a little bit and Josh was up and playing. Go figure. He still had a slight fever, and I only gave him some juice and a piece of toast later in the evening - it all stayed down just fine.

Today, Day 116, I had arranged to work from home - reading a transcript - and Josh snoozed almost 3 hours in the morning. He kept himself busy, watched some movies (I got him to watch Annie Get Your Gun! Yeah!!! He loved it!!!), snoozed a little more. He felt a little warm around 4:00 - but thermometer didn't register any fever - it is hot in the house today from the weather. He kept food down - did it easy - mostly juice, a couple cups of milk with the NV in it, some toast - did a french toast thing for lunch and then just a PBJ for supper with a little fruit. He seems fine so he'll go to school tomorrow. Right now, he's laying on the couch, picking his nose - YUCK!!! I wish I knew a way to get him to stop that. Unfortunately, there are several adults he knows/sees who laugh about it, make light of it, and engage in the practice themselves - but they tell Josh they do it in private, in the bathroom - wish Josh would just pick that schnozzola in the bathroom! YUCK!!!

I'm watching Josh out of the corner of my eye - he's laying there playing with his fingers, pressing pointer to pointer, middle to middle, etc., like finger exercises! Pretty cool to watch.

Tomorrow, Day 117. Decided that, on Day 120, I will reintroduce the fish oils - Josh has been off those for a long time now for various reasons. We'll see if there are any surges or anything. I have not been happy with how speech is going - to me it seems like a bit of regression in articulation although his sentences are much lengthier. The speech therapist who did the eval a couple of weeks ago called yesterday and said she will not recommend speech therapy at this time but will recommend Josh get evaluated for an assistive device. Hhhmm... She sent the referral over to Josh's doc so I'll call in a few days for the referral. Therapist is most concerned about functional speech - well, why not recommend speech therapy to work on verbalizing functional speech in an understandable way rather than relying on a device? I'm conflicted on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment