Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 65 into Day 66

Well, they wound up going to Crystal Lake Beach and canoeing on Day 65. Needless to say, Josh didn't do the canoeing - he and Stephanie stayed on shore, played, and ate lunch. He did go to the pool after they got back to camp - he even came over to the pool! Stephanie is bound and determined to at least get his feet in the pool today - yeah! She said he had several PNES (although less than yesterday, she said one was quite long) - it was very hot, very humid and his sensory stuff is so aggravated in humid/hot weather, I'm sure the weather played a part in that. He did eat some of his lunch but didn't want the sandwich (I'm bound and determined to get him eating something besides PBJs! ;-) ) Stephanie said he used the big boys bathroom at the pool (yeah!). When I picked him up, he walked out to the car without any problem, walked into the office without any problem, and then went into a doozie of a PNES on the couch in the foyer. After that he was fine, watched very little of the DVD I had for him, and then just crashed - slept for about an hour and a half. When he woke up, he was wet and I had forgotten to bring another depends so he was in just underpants and shorts by the time we went home. He came inside without any problem - only minor encouragement needed - did his lay down on the floor thing, got up and walked to the bathroom, and went down on the floor at the door to the bathroom into another PNES - peed through. Damn. He was so tired and upset, he sat on the toilet for quite awhile and then just went up to bed. At least I got his meds in him, but no dinner and no milk. Damn. I sent an email, after he went to bed, to an old friend from the old school district - I have to find out exactly what happened there - there is definitely a connection between small bathrooms and his emotional stuff, and I have to be able to help him through this. I'm hoping someone in the old district will finally tell me what, if anything, happened.

Today is Day 66 - they are supposed to go to the McHenry County Fair - it's another hot/humid day so I don't know what is going to happen. Looks like rain so far... I asked Josh yesterday if he was having fun at camp and he said yes, he even talks about some of the people so he is getting something out of it but I can't help but wonder. It is a new experience for him every day and that is a good thing. Just wish it wasn't so difficult. The people at NISRA are great, though, and they are watching out for him. Sure hope next summer is a bit easier for all.

On with Day 66!

No comments:

Post a Comment