Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 86 into Day 87

Got the first call of the school year yesterday morning, Day 86. Josh had a non-epileptic seizure in the bathroom, had been complaining of stomachache, and then pooped. They took him to the nurse, temp was fine and he was recovering fine. I spoke with Emily, who didn't feel it necessary to come get him (neither did I). I explained the vasovagel episodes and said it sounded like that was what happened, especially with the pooping aspect of it. Sent a bunch of info to Emily about vasovagel also (just something copied from wikipedia - it was the easiest to understand). Had a good day after that - worked well with adults and kids in a group activity (yeah!), worked well with all school work.

Some sad news about Francis, though. She had texted me that she was on her way back from Ottawa - she had to do paperwork to place her grandmother into hospice - she has taken a turn for the worse and it looks like she is not expected to survive much longer from her cancer. Very sad for Francis. So, she will be unable to do kidcare for a period of time - not sure how long at this point. She will be moving down to Ottawa for the time being to care for her mom (who has MS and has been caring for the grandma) and grandma until the end. I felt so badly for her. She was more concerned about leaving me/Josh without care and she was worrying about my work situation. Told her she needs to do what is right for her and her family, we will be able to work things out, and she should just take care of her family. I feel so sad for her, she was so upset yesterday telling me all this. She kept recounting stories of her grandma. So sad.. I know that her grandma has gone through so much over the last year or so. I just pray that she can go easily now and have some peace.

Josh and I talked a lot about Francis being so sad (she was crying quite a bit during our talk and Josh was upset that she was so sad). He understands that her grandma is really sick and I tried to explain that her grandma would be going away and Francis would not be able to see her anymore. Not sure if he really understands why, but he related it to not seeing friends from Ottawa and how that made him sad. That's OK for now...

So, into Day 87. OT today this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment