Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Days 75 into Day 79

Friday, Day 75, I was getting Josh up and he wanted me to read to him. He chose The Little Engine That Could so I started reading when the phone rang. Stephanie was calling to say she was fine and wanted to come by. She wanted to reassure Josh she was fine and make sure they were still buds. We talked on the phone and I went back in to Josh to tell him. The minute I mentioned Stephanie coming over he went into a PNES. When it was over, he sobbed and sobbed for about 15 minutes! He kept repeating "Stephanie hurt, Stephanie hit, I sorry." In the past, I always knew that Josh knew he wasn't supposed to hit people but this was the first time he actually, I think, understood the consequences of his hitting and maybe really felt guilty about it. NV? He eventually stopped and we got up and going. Stephanie came by in the afternoon and they played for about four hours - she even gave him lunch. By the time she left, they were best buds again and she said she still wanted to do kidcare. I had asked Stephnie if she saw any difference between Josh at camp and at home - definitely. She said he was so relaxed here at home, much more active. She said camp probably was a bit hard with all the other kids and the noises they make - home is much more calming and quiet.

Had the second session with behavioral psych. Josh had a very short PNES getting out of the car into the office but had a good session until toward the end - he seemed to be getting tired. It took much less time to get out of the office - no laying down but he did sit down (smart kid - I told him beforehand that no hitting, no laying down and we could go see trains - well, he didn't lay down!). Doc had good suggestions on the sticker chart thing - I brought the chart we've been doing for peeing and he liked it, but suggested doing another chart or another "track" on the same chart for the laying down thing. Josh is almost done already with the second "pee in the potty" chart so the next one will have two tracks.

Terrible storms Friday night.

Saturday, Day 76, quiet day. We were nothing but couch potatoes most of the day. Josh played with his toys, watched a little TV, we both slept a lot - I think still fighting off the colds we've had. Josh has been having what I think are absence seizures - probably due to the cold - he says he sees a blue light and his head hurts. Must call neurodoc about this.

Sunday, Day 77, I was going to try to take Josh to see Thomas the Engine at Union but decided the weather would not be our friend and the crowds definitely not. So we went to West Chicago to do lunch picnic and watch trains - good train day! Otherwise, very quiet, uneventful day! Only one PNES although Josh said he did see the "blue light" a few times.

Monday, Day 78, Stephanie came to do kidcare in the a.m. Josh was so happy to see her! I went off to the office for the morning and worked from home in the afternoon. There was some street work in the a.m. but Stephanie said they couldn't hear it at all. Weird, I left with the door to the sunroom open, get some fresh air into the house. When I came home, Stephanie said they couldn't hear the street work but Josh said the birds were too loud so they had closed the door. Hhmm. She said he had one absence seizure that led into a PNES - just before getting up to eat, I think it was. She also said he actually went in to pee - something she hadn't been able to get him to do during camp. They played with his train, some other toys, watched a little bit of an AirBud movie. When I got home we all sat around talking for a bit and then Stephanie left. I could see Josh was really tired and I wanted to check his depends - had a feeling that with the PNES he had while she was here, they were undoubtedly wet. He got really mad and grabbed my dress. I just looked at him and asked why he was mad. He didn't respond but went down on the floor - no PNES but fell sound asleep within minutes. When he woke up, he was in a totally different mood, happy, laughing, went in to pee, and we had a nice quiet evening.

Today, Day 79, Josh starts OT through Good Shepherd. I hear him moving about upstairs to, I guess it's in to Day 79!

No comments:

Post a Comment