Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 71 into Day 72

Darn, it was a cold yesterday. Josh was coughing so much, his nose was running, sneezing, the works. So, he stayed home and I stayed home to work from home - and also dealt with the cold I caught! Even with the cold, though, Josh had a terrific day! He slept a lot and every time he woke, he went to the bathroom on his own - stayed dry all day until late in the afternoon when he had the one PNES he had yesterday - then peed. He played with his train a lot, read magazines a lot, watched some TV. When it was time for supper he initially didn't want to eat but did. After dinner I said, "Let's go up and have your cookie upstairs, then we can play some games!" He was surprised but went right up. We wound up playing with puzzles, an alphabet book, and number dominoes. He fell asleep just about right away around 7:30.

Interesting, since Sunday night, he has had a few real epileptic seizures - absence ones. After each, he said his head hurt and, for the first time since he had the initial EEG almost a year ago, said he saw "the blue light." I know that some people with epilepsy see a light or an aura prior to a seizure - so I'm figuring that's what that was. If he's up to it, there is an epilepsy support groupd meeting tonight - maybe we'll try to go. I also know that his neurodoc said colds and fever will bring on seizures so I wasn't surprised by this - he didn't have a fever but sure had the cold!

Josh hasn't coughed or sneezed all night (that soup I made yesterday was good!) so he's going to camp today, Day 72. Sure hope he has fun at Bravehearts! Looks like it is going to rain - red in the morning... I know they are supposed to go to the pool afterward but, if it rains, they will go to the library instead. Fortunately, Stephanie will be his aide on the bus and throughout the day today so I'll clue her in on all that is going on. Hoping for a good day!

On with Day 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment