Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 72 addendum

OK, not so good a day. I just received a call from the camp site director. Apparently Stephanie minimized the hitting incident with Josh/her. The site director said Stephanie told her she wasn't feeling well so they took her over to an immediate care facility - they didn't do any x-rays or anything but the doc said she may have a very slight concussion - Stephanie has had concussions before so she sort of knew that might be the case now. She will not be able to come to work tomorrow, so the director asked that I make other arrangements for Josh tomorrow. They will try to figure something out for the rest of the week, but they will see what happens. The site director said she definitely wanted me to know that they in no way think Josh did this purposefully, he loves Stephanie, but it is just part of his conditions. She said they have kids hit personnel all the time, and some with much more serious consequences - it's just the nature of the people they work with. I told her in a weird way, the was a relief to hear, but I was very concerned about Stephanie. Two minutes later, Stephanie called and said she was really just fine and wanted to come to work but the site director said no. Stephanie was more concerned about not having said good-bye to Josh, and about me being able to handle arrangements for him in the event he cannot go back to the camp. I just broke down crying, I was so worried about her! She said she goes back for a follow-up and will call me to let me know how she is.

I feel just awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment