Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 36

Rough start to the day but it ended up amazing. I think it was because Josh knew I didn't have work today and he simply didn't want to go to school. But, after getting him outside and into the car, he got on the bus just fine. Bonnie, his bus driver, said he was better getting off at school last Thursday so that was good. The note home today from school was that Josh didn't want to do his job today ("selling" the gloves) but he wound up doing a different job and loved it - and he had a really good day. Josh got off the bus at noon without much trouble.

The minute Josh got into the car, he said "no hitting, trains!" So we went back and forth on where to go - we decided on Rochelle but I said we needed to go home to make a picnic lunch and go pee before heading out. The minute we walked into the house, Josh went right to the bathroom, took the sticker sign off the door and handed it to me, went back into the bathroom and peed! So, he got his stickers. I made up a lunch and out we went to Rochelle.

We stayed at Rochelle for about an hour and a half - saw three Union Pacifics and a Burlington! Josh fell asleep on the way home - out like a rock! He didn't even wake up when I stopped for gas and the guy next to us was blaring his radio (good music - Eagles!). Josh woke up just as we were turning into our neighborhood. And, as soon as we walked into the house (he got out of the car without me even telling him to), he went to the bathroom, got the sticker sign, went back and peed! Got more stickers. He was so cute - after he was done in the bathroom, he asked if I needed to pee (yes! it's a long ride!), then he put the seat up for me and, as I walked in, he said "close door, Mommy?" and he closed the door for me. Then I asked him if he minded if I rested for a little bit before making dinner and he said, "sure!" So he watched a train moview (!) while I dozed a little, then I made dinner. He ate a really good dinner and, as I was on the phone with Mom, he sort of dozed. He eventually fell asleep on the floor and, when it was time to go upstairs, he got up without any hassles, went right upstairs, peed (amazing he was still dry! yeah!!), and then asked for me to read him a book! Whoo hoo!!! I usually grab a couple of books and read to him even though he's not that crazy about the books. But tonight, he actually asked me to read to him! Yeah!!! So I read him The Lorax (sort of went along with his job at school today - he was in charge of organizing the recycled cans).

I'm hoping the air conditioning will make sleeping a bit easier tonight - it was so muggy in the house last night. I hate using the a/c, much rather have fresh air, but it was miserable sleeping. Tonight it's nice and cool, and you can barely hear the fire works over the lake!

Tomorrow - school, camp, and the dentist!

No comments:

Post a Comment