Friday, July 2, 2010

Really Day 33

I think I messed up on the day yesterday so today is, I think, really Day 33! Oops!

I think yesterday was a mixed bag - school and camp said Josh had a couple of PNES during the day - all the excitement of the parade, the festivities, some of the kids were playing instruments really loudly, etc. Josh also had a couple of PNES outside of school/camp - one in the a.m. before the bus and then one at Gramma and Boompah's house as we were getting ready to leave after dinner. Not sure why the PNES have been more frequent this past week - I wonder if the NV is finally kicking in on the sensory aspect and perhaps he's more overwhelmed with things going on internally/becoming more aware externally? Will have to keep an eye on this. It almost reminds me of when Josh did the Vital Links Listening Therapy - there was one CD that really overwhelmed him and he got up in the morning and peed on the floor! The OT at that time switched the CDs and the peeing stopped - wonder if it's the same type of thing going on?

On the upside, the school folks and camp folks all say he had an otherwise good or great day. After the PNES, he did participate in the festivities, and camp folks say they just love seeing him come down the hallway to camp, all smiles and rarin' to go! School folks say that he has had a lot more energy (of course, by the time he gets to camp, he has to have a rest for a bit!), and camp folks say Josh just loves to cuddle! Wow!! Josh cuddling with people other than me!! Yeah!!! I know some of the folks on the childrensapraxianet have noted that their kids, after about a month on NV, have the sensory stuff kick in and some kids need to have a lot of sensory input - lots of deep pressure, etc. I wonder if that's what is going on with the cuddling at camp? I hope by the time school starts things will level off sensory-wise, but that there will continue to be progress on the NV.

Gramma and Boompah will be here this a.m. while I go to the office for 1/2 day. I promised Josh we'd go train hunting this afternoon and he can't decide where he wants to go - Rochelle, West Chicago, Hinsdale? He keeps changing his mind about a lot of things lately - wonder if that's connected somehow with the NV as well? Anyhow, we'll go. And, this weekend is the Eyes to the Sky in Lisle so maybe we'll stop there to check out the hot air balloons! Hhhmmm... as I recall, there's a busy train station in Lisle also!

Gotta make some coffee. Day 33 (for real) begins for us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment