Saturday, July 24, 2010

Days 53, 54 and into 55

Josh did really well with Gramma and Boompah watching him on Thursday - Day 53. He played the tip the hat game with Gramma, played with his remote control train, went to pee without too much problem (got 3 stickers for it! whoo hoo!!), and we had a really good dinner from Andy's when I got home from the office. We were sitting in the living room before Mom and Dad left and Josh layed down on the couch and said, "Mommy, music please!" So I sat and played piano for awhile and he fell sound asleep on the couch! He went upstairs without any problem after they left.

Yesterday, Day 54, was the field trip to Lamb's Farm. The camp folks called me at work on Thursday to say that, because of the weather, they were not sure they would stay the whole day - heat index was supposed to be over 100 and it was supposed to rain. Well, they wound up going for the morning and then went back to NISRA to hang and watch movies - fine with me! That heat would have been unbearable! Josh, except for a PNES getting on the bus, did really well and was very happy to see his aide from before (yeah!). He was talking about seeing a horse when we got in the car to go home. Unfortunately, the evening didn't go so great - he was exhausted and I was pretty tired myself. There was a lot of uncooperativeness in getting his clothes changed (he had peed through on the bus a little bit and I wanted to get him in dry clothes). And, when I was putting the depends on him, the darn thing ripped (don't understand why that happens!) and he thought, I think, I was mad at him about it so he knocked my glasses off. I was so tired I said I just didn't want to have a bad night so we both just went to bed! I think we were both still recovering from the vacation, and he had a big day with camp so sleep was a good thing.

There were storms during the night - I think Josh slept through them but the thunder and lightening woke me around 3:00 or so. I came downstairs for a couple of hours but then went back to bed. I'm pretty sure Josh woke up around 8:00 but neither one of us actually got up until almost 9:30! Whoo hoo!! I think we're going to have a lazy, stay at home day today, Day 56. It's still cloudy out and there is housework to do (yuck). So, it's games, baking cookies maybe, and just house stuff. Quiet day... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment