Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 11 into 12

Yesterday, Day 11, was pretty quiet. I went to the office (finished a brief, yeah!) and Josh was home with Gramma and Boompah. Josh had refused to come up to bed the night of Day 10 so he slept downstairs. Yesterday morning, I got him up and upstairs, showered and dressed, and then he was OK for the day. Gramma said he was not very active all day - he layed on the couch a lot, had a good snooze, played with his baskets some. All in all, a pretty uneventful day.

Last evening, he was sitting on the couch after they left and said his ankle hurt (he was walking just fine and it appears to be just fine). So I sat with him on the couch and rubbed his back for awhile. He fell asleep around 9:00 or so, and I woke him to go up to bed - he went up without any problems, peed in the bathroom (yeah!), and fell right back to sleep. He had no PNES all day until one just before dinner. I think that was the only one yesterday (yeah!).

Josh was excited about Francis kidsitting today. She should be here around 8 this a.m. and I'll wind up working a little over 1/2 day at the office (balance of the day will be reading a transcript at home).

I want to take him later to the drop-in kidcare place to see how he does there (and drop off the paperwork for them). I found this drop-in place nearby - it seems like a great place for those times when I have to run an errand or do some shopping. The folks there were very knowledgeble about sensory issues (without any prompting, the woman suggested various activities that are good for sensory work! and they have therapy balls all over the place!) and were very open to Josh coming there. She said they have a couple of kids who are drop-ins that have autism - I said there is some lap-over with Josh's needs and they were very understanding and excited about meeting Josh! They asked for a copy of his IEP (they knew what that is without my having to tell them!) so they could implement some of the things and get a better understanding of where he is at. Wow! Uncle Barry and Aunt Linda are coming into town today so having this place to drop Josh for when we do the birthday dinner (more adult oriented) for Boompah could be a great thing.

Aunt Linda wants to learn more about the NV - when they get here I'll show her all the info and the ingredients and get her take on it as well as the other docs I've talked to about it. As a doc, she (and Uncle Barry) might have another take on it. Don't know if they've been following the blog here, but they are excited about seeing some of the changes so far in Josh. I told them it appears he's in the "week from heck" right now (I think), but we'll see what happens during their visit.

So, Day 12 begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment