Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 20

Another "awesome" day! Josh is doing so great at summer school - another day of moving quickly through the school work, walking around a lot, no problems doing the bathroom thing at summer school - the notes that are coming home are just amazing!

And, I spoke more with the camp folks about tomorrow's Friday Field Trip, and about strategies, ideas, whatevers to get Josh into the van to come home from camp during the rest of the week. The note that came home today was that Josh was incredible! Sociable, attentive, involved, funny, cheerful, active. When I spoke with the site director, I asked if he's walking around and she laughed - she said Mon. and Tues. he wasn't, yesterday he did some, but today, as I was talking to her, he was just the social butterfly! They are encouraged about getting him to the pool next week. And, they said they used some of the suggestions I made and, voila!, less than three minutes to get into the van. In fact, the driver called me at the office to say that he got in so well, and she didn't have one of the kids to drop off, that they were going to be early at the drop-off site! Of course, he wouldn't get out of the car at home when we got here (we celebrated his day by going to watch trains in Elgin and have a dinner picnic) but that was probably because I was mowing the lawn! He was great going up to bed - he did fall asleep once in the house, on the floor, but I woke him up and, again voila!, right up to bed!

I'm so excited about the changes happening - the transition to camp, in other years, never went this smoothly! Again, don't know if it's really the NV but, unless there's a shipment at my door tomorrow, we'll find out! The last of the NV at home is in his sip cups, waiting for tomorrow but then we're out - I really, really, really hope it comes tomorrow!!

Big day tomorrow - Day 21 - three weeks on NV and full day of active camp. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment