Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 24 (con't)

I'm sitting here looking at Josh sound asleep on the couch - and he fell asleep around 7:10p.m. This is the earliest he has fallen asleep since starting on NV (last night he fell asleep around 7:30 - he had been up and with energy until 8:30 or even later - he was up until after the drive-in movie started at 9:30 on Sat. night) - and camp folks said for the first time since camp started he napped for about 45 minutes during the day as well. Now, it could be that the house was hot and muggy during the night so he didn't get a good night's sleep, or it could be that it was 90 degrees with a heat index of 96 and muggy during the day today - mugginess affects him most likely due to the hypotonia - but this is really different.

And, camp folks said, for the first time, Josh hit his camp counselor and pulled her hair. I don't know what the circumstances were, but she said he apologized and blew her kisses afterward. Now, that also could have been due to the heat if they were outside, but, as I said, I don't know the circumstances. He also had a PNES both this a.m. before going out to the bus and getting into the car when the camp van dropped him off after camp. Now, that latter one could also be because I accidently scared him (I had gone to put stuff in the car and came back without him expecting me - startled him a lot - which, in an of itself, seemed quite the over-reaction, but then he walked over to the car and when he sat down, went into a PNES -very short, but definitely a PNES) and, if I remember (without looking at it again), camp folks said he had a PNES during the camp time. Hhhmmm...

So, I'm wondering if there is a "lag time" - it might take the body a day or two to either get the NV out of the system, then a day or two to get it back into the system. The fact that NV seemed to have an effect about a day or day and a half after starting it, if I recall (should look back on this blog!) would substantiate that idea. So, I'm hoping tomorrow he heads back to the "new normal."

Tomorrow, Day 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment