Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 6

This has been an up/down day. Because he had the diarrhea yesterday, and today was only about an hour and a half of school, we decided Josh would not go to school today. I was already scheduled to work from home so it all worked out except for his moodiness and behaviors today.

Josh started out OK, getting himself out of bed and into the bathroom. I went in to make beds and heard him sit down really hard on the pot - he went into one of the PNES while sitting there so I stood near him until it was over. After that, he did fine, washed himself up, etc., and as he was getting dressed, the bus pulled up! I had called yesterday to say he wouldn't be going to school but, as it turned out, I'm glad they came. I had cards for the two drivers and aides, thanking them for all their patience and kindness this school year. We came downstairs and he had his NV, some browns with peanut butter, and then later he asked for oatmeal (! haven't had that in a long time!).

Getting him up to go to the doc was not so great - had a very short PNES but peed in his pants during it so had to change his clothes before going. Then, when we got to the doc, he wouldn't get out of the car. Fortunately, this was the psychologist so he came out and talked to us outside for a little bit. Then, when we got home, he wouldn't get out of the car! After about a half hour, he came out and just laid own on the couch, took a snooze for a couple of hours, and was totally different when he woke up - active, friendly, funny. Gramma and Boompah came by to watch him (he had his second NV while they were here) while I ran out to do some grocery shopping and then, when I got home, he ate a great dinner, talking up a storm. When he wanted some more milk after dinner I said fine, but please go pee first, and then he shut down again. He's been looking at the Lakeshore Learning catalog for the last half hour or so, won't come get his milk because he knows I'll divert him to the bathroom to pee first.

I have no idea what this pee thing is all about. He does not appear to have a UTI, but I guess that's possible. Is there something boys go through at this age that makes it weird to pee?? He does fine in the a.m. (most of the time), so what is the deal as the day goes on???

So that has been Day 6. Tomorrow Josh is coming to the office with me at least for awhile - we'll see how long it lasts. Don't know if we're into the "week of weirdness" that so many on NV have experienced. Sure hope he goes through it quickly!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment