Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 8

Yesterday was fantastic! Josh had a bit of a rough start to the day but then the rest of the day was just great. He didn't want to get out of bed but, after literally rolling off the bed, he got into the bathroom, washed himself up, etc., and we headed out. When we got to the office, he appeared to start to go into a PNES as we were getting out of the car. Carol arrived at the same time and she and I just walked into the office while Josh walked (no laying down!) onto the sidewalk and just leaned against the building, regrouping, as we call it. By the time I put stuff in my office and went back out to check on him, he was already inside, just fine, and talking to Tom. We parked ourselves in the library and ate the breakfast we brought with us. The rest of the morning, he was content to watch some Blues episodes while I read. Normally, he would be talking and preventing me from working much. But, yesterday, he let me read (got about 250 pages read during the morning). I had the sleeping bag all set up but he sat at the table with me the whole time. A couple of times I said we needed to get up and stretch so we would walk the length of the office. He had to say his hellos to everyone and this was the first time he didn't want to make a handprint picture on the copy machine! He didn't want to see trains yet so we ordered lunch in from Jimmy Johns - he had the provolone on grain bread - I toasted the bread in the toaster and then melted the cheese in the microwave so he had his ever lovin' "grilled" cheese sammie. After lunch, and another stroll around the office, he did snooze, letting me read another 250 pages! When he woke up, he sat up and said, "No hitting, no laying down, we go see trains!" So, we picked up his dinner at Boston Market (he loves the sweet potatoes and mac n' cheese) and watched trains until after 6, then we headed back home to catch some trains in Crystal Lake. We got home around 7:15 and he stayed up another hour and a half! When he hit the pillow at around 9:00, he fell right to sleep - I fell asleep shortly after that!

This a.m., I was having the weirdest dream with me having gone to some party with some guy. We left the party and were driving home in a convertible when it started snowing. We were reaching our hands up to catch the big, fat, white snowflakes when all of a sudden I felt a gentle "clunk" on my head - I thought the guy in the dream touched my head but NO! It was Josh - he came in to wake me up and was rubbing my head to wake me, saying, "I love you Mommy!" He climbed into bed (he always puts his head at the foot of the bed so I get his stinky feet by my head! LOL! Has to do with the angle/direction he gets into his own bed - that motor planning thing again), then he started stretching, and stood up and started doing exercises, saying several times "I love you Mommy" while exercising! He was stretching against the wall, bending over to do toe touches, etc., then came back to make sure I was awake (it was only 6:00 a.m. so I kind of wished he had let me sleep a bit longer but oh well). Granted, Gramma and Boompah are coming today and he's excited, but he has so much energy this a.m.!

We quickly got washed and dressed (he was completely dry this a.m.! yeah!!) and came downstairs. He's had his morning NV for Day 8 and he sitting watching some Blues. Day 8 begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment